Friday, December 28, 2012

Delays for Oma

Remember all those folks saying mom (Oma) would hopefully be having surgery in the days following Christmas?  And how I was skeptical and thinking that the days following New Year's might be more realistic?  Well, looks like it may be A LOT of days following New Year's.

The oncologist is still out of town.  We've scheduled an appointment to see him for January 3rd.  It seems as if no one will give us the final pathology results until we see him.

My brother called the OB/GYN oncologist on Wednesday morning like instructed, hoping to get a quick surgery date.  Instead, we got an office appointment for January 9th.  In speaking with him, it sounds like he is delaying things because he is still holding out hope of combining the two surgeries (the ovarian surgery and the pancreatic surgery).

The pancreatic surgeon wanted to see Oma on January 8th, but we then learned that he was the second choice for a surgeon as the first choice was originally out of the country.  My brother called the first choice surgeon and made an appointment for January 15th, but she's on the cancellation list if something comes up sooner.

At this point, we'll be lucky if Oma gets into surgery the third week of January.  Of course, I'm a little jaded, but figure I'd rather set my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised if things happen sooner, than if I set my expectations high and be disappointed if we run into delay after delay.  At least there are appointments made.  We're making progress, slow progress but progress.

2 comments:

  1. Generally I do not read post on blogs, however I
    would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very great article.


    Here is my web site: xxx fuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I every time emailed this web site post page to all my associates, because if like to read it afterward my contacts
    will too.

    my page :: party girl sex

    ReplyDelete