Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Quickie

After nursing my old and feeble computer along for years, it has finally bit the dust. Unfortunately, no computer means no internet and no blog updates. Grrrr . . . it's as frustrating for me as it is for you. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy that situation soon.

Once I actually have some time to sit in front of a computer (keeping my fingers crossed that it will be in front of MY computer), I'll try to give a more detailed update. In the meantime, here is the quick summary . . .

* We met with E.'s local oncologist and provided the recommendations/instructions that we brought with us from MD Anderson.

* We jumped through insurance hoops to get E.'s chemo medications approved. This chemotherapy protocol consists of three IV drugs (given every two weeks) and one oral drug (taken 7 days on/7 days off). More about that, as well as the potentially awful side effects, later.

* E. had a central port installed in his chest. More about that later too.

* This round of chemotherapy begins tomorrow, Wednesday, July 15th. We'll spend the day at the hospital, similar to his previous chemotherapy sessions - where he'll be connected to an IV pole all day long. We'll say a prayer that each drip of the potent medicine finds it's mark and destroys the cancer, drip by drip, cell by cell. And since we're praying, we might as well throw in a few others too . . . continued strength, good blood counts and minimal side effects.

If you're feeling up to it, send an e-mail or a text message (I can access both via my phone). If you're in the area, pop your head in and share a quick joke or two. Friends and laughter makes this journey so much more bearable.

S.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are always in my thoughts. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete