Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Uneventful Night

I spoke to E.'s ICU nurse a little bit ago. She described E.'s night as "uneventful." Uneventful is good. He was able to catnap on and off. He got the CT already, but those results are not yet available (meaning the nurse can't share that with me). The doctor has not yet been in.

The pain is, well, painful. On that 1 to 10 pain scale they use, E.'s consistently at a 7. Since he is not one to complain and tolerates pain better than most people I know, 7 is huge. The nurse is encouraging him to push his morphine button. I'm not sure if he's trying to avoid the meds (we all know that just getting E. to take a Tylenol is no easy feat) or if he's simply forgetting that the button is there. In any event, pain is no good. I'm hoping that gets a little better under control for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment