Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#12 is Finally Here

E. finished IV chemotherapy #12 today! Woohoo! He is so looking forward to getting a break, re-energizing a bit, and putting some meat back on his bones. He's still got a week's worth of oral chemo to go, but the end is in sight. I can't even begin to tell you how relieved he will be to have it all finished (for now anyways).

E.'s dad came to visit for a few days and hung out with E. in the infusion room today. While probably not as good as a day hunting or fishing, at least it was a day for some father/son time. Time that I think both of them needed. It's good to see them together.

I suggested we postpone Thanksgiving a week or so, but E. wouldn't hear of it. I also suggested that we *gasp* order our Thanksgiving meal from a local grocery store, but E. just rolled his eyes at me. So, tomorrow, one.day.after.chemo., E. will be cooking a complete HOMEMADE Thanksgiving feast. There will be an over-abundance of good food, so if you and yours would like to stop by, consider yourself invited. We would welcome the company.

S.

* Edited to add: I just read the title of this post and chuckled to myself. That'd be chemo #12, not kid #12, We're good with 11 thankyouverymuch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment