Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Another year has flown by. It doesn't seem possible really. It seems like only a short while ago we were bringing in 2010. And yet, in the blink of an eye, 2010 is gone and 2011 snuck on in.

Once again, I've heard so many people comment on how glad they were to see 2010 go and how much better 2011 has to be. I don't really see it that way. Oh sure, 2010 posed a few challenges for us, as did 2009. And if you really want to go back, I bet 2008 had some challenges too. As did 2007. Matter of fact, I bet every.single.year has had some challenging moments. Not just for us. For you too. For every single one of us.

Life is like that. You see, life isn't perfect. And I'll bet big money 2011 isn't going to be perfect either. Here's the thing though ... life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. Cheesy? Maybe. But true.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not always sunshine and roses, rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes I fall into pits of despair and wallow in self-pity. But, and here's the big but ... I'm usually enormously thankful for what I do have. So, I'm gonna ride those waves of thankfulness and gratitude as long as I can for as far as I can and hope they pull me through those ruts we all can sometimes fall into.

All said and done, 2010 was a pretty incredible year. There were moments I wasn't so sure I'd still be able to say that at the end, so the magnitude of that statement is not lost on me. And I can't begin to put into words how thankful I am. With that, I say goodbye to 2010 with a sigh and a smile. Not perfect, but still beautiful. Oh so beautiful.

Welcome 2011!

S.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete