Sunday, June 6, 2010

Retirement Countdown

E. has a total of 10 more work days. Yup, you read right . . . TEN. His last day of work will be June 18th and his "official" retirement date will be June 19th. 30 years (+ a few) and out baby!

Having him home for 14 months spoiled me rotten. It was an adjustment (more so for me probably than for him) when he went back to work part-time, but we managed. Then he went back to work full-time. Since then, our time together has been minimal. Waaaaaahhhh! He's out the door early in the morning and when he gets off work, I'm usually on the go, being a taxi driver to once place or another. Sometimes we hook up at a kid's baseball game, but it's not like it is quality time for him and I. I know I'm whining, but man do I miss him.

I'm not sure we'll get much uninterrupted time together post-retirement as it coincides with summer vacation, but at least we have a much better shot. Other than enjoying each other and the kids, no big plans yet. We'll head back to Texas on July 18th and go from there.

Oh, and have you heard? Once E.'s health stuff is all taken care of, he plans on embarking on a second career. He plans on putting that Master's Degree to use, getting his clinical hours in, passing his boards (I think that's what they're called) and becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Good thing I love him so. :)

S.

1 comment: